Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Catching Fire

I just finished Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I am so thankful the third book is coming out in August. I really should have paid attention to that prior to starting the series. The question will be can I wait for the book to get to the library or will I succumb to the temptation and buy it...

I wondered where Collins would take the book. Just prior to the Quell announcement I guessed at what would happen. I also knew the gamekeeper guy was on Katniss's side with the whole mockingjay thing. I'm kind of surprised Katniss didn't get that herself. I didn't expect the ending though. I'm also not real thrilled with the love triangle. I keep thinking she'll be scared by losing either Gale or Peeta. I guess anyone would be scared by any of these events though.

If you haven't read the book, I know this post doesn't make any sense at all. If you have, it probably still seems like senseless wanderings. This I know. It's an excellent book. It is not for kids.

No comments: