Monday, July 07, 2008

Too busy for what

I haven't been overly academic recently. I've been too busy, too tired, too frustrated. And now, I'm finding that I have the time to get back into these activities, and I'm so out of practice I'm not sure how to do it. So I find myself procrastinating, but I don't even want to procrastinate the ways I usually do, which tells me I need to get my act together and start working.

As for excuses though...

I had a beautiful baby boy-- Nathan Jay-- he's almost 8 weeks old.
My laptop died. Not just a little inconvenient death-- a complete, un-resurrectable death, so I've lost decent amounts of research and writing. (Please do not comment on the importance of backing your stuff up-- I know- I've always known, but I just wasn't as faithful about doing it as I should have been-- I've gotten enough of those well-meaning lectures)

and last but not least...

it's beautiful outside, and who wants to be inside working when she can be outside playing?

No comments: