Tuesday, September 25, 2007

GM on strike

I'm personally annoyed that the UAW is striking at GM. I understand the importance of unions and all of the good things that they did when they were started, but right now, I think they are asking for a bit much. In this crappy Michigan economy, I don't know that they can expect what no one else is getting-- there are a lot of things I would like, but I'm not getting them. I just don't want to see GM go bankrupt, because I think that would cause a lot more problems that people just aren't thinking about. Plus, I know most union members just want this resolved-- they don't want to make their lousy $200 a week-- they want to work. I feel like a lot of people are feeling like everything is just on hold-- I'm concerned that if GM stays on strike for too long that people will get tense and act out.

1 comment:

cool kid said...

Bingo. Plus, I love how a janitor makes nearly $20/hour. I know a union is suppose to help a worker from getting screwed over, but it can't screw the industry over as a result.