Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Smores

I didn't realize how badly I'd been slipping in the blogging department. In my defense, I've been making some decent progress in my writing though :)

But, I'm not being academic this morning. I've been looking online at houses, because I am begging God to sell ours, but I know I can't look in person until I've got an offer on this house, so I look online. It's a terrible waste of time.

Over the weekend, we went camping with friends. 16 adults, 12 children-- a little chaotic, but fun. We've been doing this for a couple of years, so it's fun watching the kids get older and more get added to the mix each year. We've made making Smores a fine art form. I'm wondering if there's a way to publish a smore cookbook.

The newest creation of the weekend was a 2-18 MC coconut samoa pie-- 2 coconut marshmellows, 18 squares of milk chocolate, a samoa girl scout cookie, cooked between 2 graham crackers in a hobo pie maker. (No one took the time to add up the calorie intake of that bad boy.)

The biggest hit is our traditional 2-3 MC PB -- 2 marshmellows, 3 squares of milk chocolate, a Peanut Butter cup-- all smashed between 2 graham crackers.

Ah, but since calories and sugar count when not sitting in front of a fire, I should probably quit thinking about smores and go back to writing my disseration.

No comments: